Tomatoes can Make you Slim

dilip
Site Admin

Tomatoes can Make you Slim

Postby dilip » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Tomatoes - these red fruits are so inviting, but I somehow don't like tomatoes much :x , I sometimes remove them out of curries. But recently I came across an article saying Tomatoes can make you slim :) , all of a sudden I started loving them :lol: . If you are also of tomatoe hating category and are thinking of shelling out pounds(Kgs) , then you should start loving them buddies..

Tomatoes are rich in the compound lycopene, which scientists believe may help to make people feel more full by lowering appetite hormones. In a research of University Reading, volunteers were given sandwiches either filled with cream cheese or made with bread enriched with carrot or tomato and asked to record how full they were.

The researchers had expected the additional fibre in the carrot bread to promote the most feelings of satiety or fullness, but instead they found the tomato bread was actually the most filling.

Lycopene is a bright red carotene and carotenoid pigment and phytochemical found in tomatoes and other red fruits & vegetables, such as red carrots, watermelons and papayas (but not strawberries or cherries). As preliminary research has shown an inverse correlation between consumption of tomatoes and cancer risk, lycopene has been considered a potential agent for prevention of some types of cancers, particularly prostate cancer. Though this hasn't yet been proved substantially.

So guys and gals , lets start some Tomato Diet :D

braan

Re: Tomatoes can Make you Slim

Postby braan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:34 pm

I didn't know tomatoes could make you slim.All I knew was that it's really good for your skin...
Anyway,almost all orange fruits and vegetables are really good for your diet.

ramesh

Re: Tomatoes can Make you Slim

Postby ramesh » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Tomatoes are great for your overall health.
If you want to shed some weight, you can try honey mixed with hot water....

Return to “Fitness”