How do RSS feeds work?

Discuss The roots and branches of Web Designing. Discuss on HTML XML Domains Web Hosting PHP ASP CAPNEL... all about web designing...
doll

How do RSS feeds work?

Postby doll » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:18 am

Say i have a blog with an rss feed, and my psp has rss feeds, can i write a blog on my psp?? how does it all work, what is it?

Bellucci

Re: How do RSS feeds work?

Postby Bellucci » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:27 pm

I found this on the net about how RSS feeds work:

At its simplest, this file contains a main URL and a set of items representing links published from the website in question. Each of these items consists of a title, a link to that content on the site and a brief description.

An RSS reader/aggregator links to the RSS file on the site and downloads it, rendering each of the items as a separate headline and synopsis of that article or content, complete with a link. Most RSS readers will continually scan each RSS feed they have linked to for updates, then inform the user when new content is found.

dilip
Site Admin

Re: How do RSS feeds work?

Postby dilip » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 pm

Feeds let you receive messages from newspapers, blogs and other information sources on the Web. Rather than visiting a newspaper or blog website checking for updates all the time, you can subscribe to the site's feed, and receive news summaries like you receive email messages.

Almost all available blog/CMS softwares like wordpress, joomla , cutenews etc. have inbuilt rss feed script. So all you have to do is paste that link on your website - so that visitors can click and subscribe the feed of your blog.

Return to “Web Designing”